The Gramophone Collector

Information About My Collection Of Acoustic Gramophones

In The Workshop

Recent Workshop Projects

Click on any of the thumbnails to view pictures of recent projects.

16th February 2018

I've just changed the spring in my c.1927/28 HMV101 in Blue Crocodile effect finish. As mentioned elsewhere this machine was constructed from parts of 3 different 101's and is using the Nº59 motor from a late model C101J. The spring in this unit was particularly weak and has been replaced with a brand new one.

10th October 2014

Today I fitted the replacement spring to the Nº32 motor in my HMV 110. I'd suspected that one of the springs just wasn't running correctly and would probably need cleaning but, when I disassembled it, I discovered that one of the springs was actually broken. A quick visit to the internet sourced a replacement.